Older Adults – Fab Living
Fab Living is a health and wellbeing program for retired and semi-retired members aged 60+ years. By becoming a member you will have access to:
- Specific group fitness classes for Fab Living members focusing on mobility, balance and flexibility. These classes are highlighted on each group fitness timetable and is available to collect from Reception or visit our group fitness webpage to download the current timetable http://www.aqualink.com.au/BoxHill-Timetables.html
- Swim, sauna, spa and steam (AQN only) facilities
- Experienced gym instructors to help you achieve your goals and exercise effectively and safely
- Personalised care and tuition
- Complimentary lockers for your valuables
- Social outings and guest speakers
- Quarterly newsletters
- 10% discounts on merchandise
Some of the benefits of participating in regular exercise, particularly strength training, include:
- Improved cardiovascular endurance
- Improved mobility, coordination, balance and flexibility
- Improved muscle strength
- Improved bone density
- Better diabetes management
- Better weight and cholesterol management
- Improved energy, mood and self-esteem and
- One of the most important benefits, meeting like-minded people in an inclusive environment.
How to Register
To register, you simply need to complete a membership form which is available from reception.
What to Bring
Comfortable track pants/shorts and T-shirt, enclosed flat-lace shoes, towel and water bottle.