Group fitness at Aqualink is about having fun, exercising to upbeat music and getting fit.
Across our Aqualink Nunawading and Aqualink Box Hill facilities we offer more than 230 group fitness classes a week including 30 minute express classes.
Full descriptions of classes offered at Aqualink Nunawading is provided below. To view the current timetable click here.
To read the frequently asked questions for Group Fitness classes, click here.
GROUP FITNESS CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
Les Mills Programs
- BODYATTACK: Will get you fit FAST! This high energy aerobics class is suited to participants with moderate to high fitness.
- BODYBALANCE: Combines the disciplines of Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates with dynamic moves. The emphasis in this class is on controlled, concise movements and relaxation.
- BODYCOMBAT: Punch and kick your way to fitness in this high energy martial-arts inspired non-contact workout. Up the intensity and destroy calories while working your legs, toning your arms, back and shoulders. BodyCombat also provides a phenomenal core workout. This class is best suited to participants with moderate to high fitness levels.
- BODYPUMP/BODYPUMP EXPRESS: A low impact workout using specially designed barbells. This class is perfect for toning your body whilst working your cardiovascular system at the same time.
- BODYSTEP: The perfect workout for your butt and thighs. This class is ideal for those who want to increase their fitness levels.
- CXWORX: A 30 minute workout using resistance tubing. You will strengthen and tone all the muscle groups in your core. Suitable for all fitness levels.
- SH’BAM: Set to a soundtrack of chart topping hits, Sh’Bam lets you shape up and let out your inner star with simple and fun dance moves over a 45 minute unique and vibrant class. Suitable for moderate to high intensity fitness levels.
- TONE: The optimal mix of strength, cardio and core training. The mix of functional training and tubing exercises will help you burn calories and take your fitness to the next level. Also a great foundation class, with a wide variety of options accommodating all fitness levels.
- BODYPUMP/CXWORX: Combined benefits of BODYPUMP and CXWORX.
- BODYSTEP/CXWORX: Combined benefits of BODYSTEP and CXWORX.
- BELLYDANCING: A fun and expressive art form from the Middle East. Benefits include improved coordination, increased self-esteem and creative expression, fitness, core strength and a whole lot of fun. With low impact and easy-to-do moves, it is great for all ages and fitness levels.
- BOXING FITNESS: An exciting, high intensity action packed class. The class consists of pad work,skipping, shadow boxing and other cardio and resistance exercises. Boxing Fitness is suitable for all fitness levels.
- FAB CIRCUIT: Circuits are a steady paced, progressive weights workout to music. Excellent for regaining muscle strength, mobility and general fitness. Suitable for all fitness levels.
- GYMSTICK: Gymstick combines the use of a stick and resistance bands for a total body workout. You will improve in core stabilisation, muscular endurance and strength, balance, coordination and aerobic fitness. Suitable for all fitness levels.
- HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING (HIIT): High intensity interval training uses power, agility, weight training and explosive high-impact body weight exercises that will get you super fit super fast – transforming every muscle fibre to produce a lean, athletic shape. Suitable for moderate to high fitness levels. Express classes are 30 minute duration.
- LITE PACE: A gentle, low impact aerobic workout. Ideal for beginners, older adults, males and females. Includes core training and stability / balance work.
- PURSUIT CYCLE/CYCLE EXPRESS: Is an indoor cycling class that is choreographed to music. This workout is perfect for the cycling enthusiast or anyone wanting to vary their training. This class burns more calories per hour than any other Group Fitness Class. Express classes are 30 minute duration.
- TABATA: High intensity interval training with the use of fitness equipment or bodyweight exercises. Suitable for moderate and high fitness levels.
- THT: Target those trouble spots. Helps increase tone and strength in Tummy, Hips and Thighs.
- ZUMBA: A Latin inspired, dance fitness workout set to sexy, high energy Latin and international music. Suitable for all fitness levels.
- MEDITATION: A mat based class incorporating gentle moving meditation, elements of various Yoga styles, long held stretching, and relaxation time. This class is sure to release any tension, leaving you relaxed and refreshed.
- PILATES: Improve your core strength by concentrating on muscle control and correct breathing patterns through smooth flowing movements. This method is utilised to improve your core stability, posture, balance and flexibility.
- STRETCH & STABILISE: A class designed to improve joint mobility, muscle tone and length as well as strength for stability. Suitable for all fitness levels.
- TAI CHI: An Ancient style of gentle exercise for the mind and body. Immerse yourself in peace and relaxation using this 1000 year old practice.
- YOGA: This class teaches the postural techniques and controlled breathing of Yoga. Meditation techniques are introduced leaving you feeling refreshed and enlightened.
- POWER YOGA: Is an invigorating, advanced and dynamic Yoga class which increases strength, stamina, balance and flexibility while calming and clearing the mind.
- AQUA: This class is designed to increase your cardiovascular fitness, strength and muscle tone in a low impact environment.
- AQUABILITY: A 45 minute speciality aqua class allowing participants to take part at a level suitable to their movement and fitness ability.
- DEEP WATER AQUA: A challenging class utilising flotation belts and a deep water running component to send your heart racing.
- DEEP WATER RUNNING: A non impact aquatic running workout conducted in the deep water. Deep Water Running is an awesome aquatic workout providing you with all the benefits of ‘pounding the pavements’ without the jarring impact.
- FAB AQUA PLUS : An 45 minute aqua class specifically designed for the Fab Living participants.
Lap lanes for FAB Living swimming are available Monday and Thursday from 8.15am-8.45am and 9.30am-10.00am for use by participants in Fab Aqua Plus classes.
For safety reasons and courtesy to participants, patrons are not permitted to enter a class once it has started. All Aqua class participants must be poolside five minutes prior to class commencement.
All classes are 55 minutes in duration. Class duration outside these times will be noted on the timetable or in class descriptions. Classes include a warm up, cool down and pack up.
Ensure that you bring a water bottle and towel to every class and a blanket for Yoga, BODYBALANCE® and Pilates classes.
For outdoor classes, we recommend you are 'sunsmart' and wear a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
We also recommend you to check our News and Events page for any other additional changes that may occur due to public holidays or other reasons.
Remember, Aqualink members also have reciprocal access at Aqualink Box Hill. Visit Aqualink Box Hill to see what additional classes you can enjoy.