Older Adults – Fab Living
Fab Living is a health and wellbeing program for retired and semi-retired members aged 60+ years. By becoming a member you will have access to:
- Specific group fitness classes
- Swim, sauna, spa and steam facilities
- Complimentary lockers for your valuables
- Social outings and guest speakers
- Regular newsletters
- 10 per cent discounts on merchandise
- Personalised care and tuition.
Some of the benefits of participating in regular exercise, particularly strength training, include:
- Improved cardiovascular endurance
- Improved mobility, coordination, balance and flexibility
- Improved muscle strength
- Improved bone density
- Better diabetes management
- Better weight and cholesterol management
- Improved energy, mood and self-esteem.
How to Register
To register, you simply need to complete a membership form available from reception.
What to Bring
Comfortable track pants/shorts and T-shirt, enclosed flat-lace shoes, towel and water bottle.
Fab Living Class Descriptions
Aqua: non-impact exercise class to increase general fitness.
Circuit: steady paced, progressive weights workout to music, excellent for regaining muscle strength, mobility and general fitness.
Fab Living Pump: Modified BodyPump class to suit mature-aged patrons.
Gentle: a light paced class designed to get you moving using walking and chair exercises, chi balls, bands and light handweights.
Lite pace: gentle, low impact aerobic workout. Ideal for beginners or seniors. A great way to start any health and fitness regime.
Pilates: a body-conditioning class designed to stretch, stengthen and balance the body by targeting the deep postural muscles.
S+S: stretch and stabilise – a class designed to introduce participants to the principles of core stability and to re-enforce the importance of stretching.
Tai chi: ancient style of exercise for body and mind.
Yoga: (Hatha yoga) teaches the postural techniques and controlled breathing of yoga. It introduces meditation techniques and will leave you feeling refreshed and perhaps even enlightened.